Are you interested in joining a fast-growing company that has innovative products and services? MCM Technologies needs a Copy Intern with a strong interest in all things digital to work alongside our teams to support tasks across a variety of projects including a variety of internal marketing, social initiatives and client deliverables. A successful Copy Intern will be very active in his or her own social network, be extremely detail-oriented and adhere to established writing styles and brand voice/tone guidelines. This is an amazing opportunity to learn and grow your skill set, and could also turn into a full-time or part-time job upon completion of 30 days. The internship will last 90 days, beginning as soon as possible
MCM Technologies offers a fun, stimulating, technology-focused work environment that is fast-paced and rewarding. We are committed to fostering an environment where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skill set, while making a real contribution to a rapidly expanding products and services.
Perks (because it matters, right?):
- Wear what you want to work, up to a point. No speedos
- Fully stocked "beverage" refrigerators
- Office located North West Houston (do not require to come into office regularly)
- Flexible hours. Some of use aren't morning people!
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Draft, edit and curate copy for web pages, Facebook posts, tweets, editorial calendars, digital ads, marketing campaigns, style guides, presentation decks and more
- Copy and Tag content for search or SEO keyword optimization
- Upload content and pre-scheduling publishing across social media
- Monitor social media for internal and external purposes
- Build client and internal-facing presentations
- Junior or Senior status at an accredited university, graduating (or graduated) in 2013
- Advanced writing skills and/or are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, marketing/advertising, journalism, communications or related field
- Attention to detail with a creative mindset
- Strong individual contributor who thrives in a team environment
- Demonstrated creativity and experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest)
- Confidence with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn content management systems (Joomla) and social media monitoring platforms
- North West Houston, TX, US.